Today, we begin practicing U-Substitutions on my AP Calculus class. I gave them a sheet of functions with empty holes in them and a sheet of U's to put in them. This was a bit frustrating because it was so much slower than just giving them a bunch of practice problems, but I think it was useful, because one thing that happens every year is that students learn u-subs and then try to use them for everything. So I was trying to emphasize with this that there is a very specific group of functions that we use u-subs for. We are just about done our unit on integration. I felt like I did a much better job on this than last year, so I am anxious to see the test results on Monday.